';

Monument to the Fallen

To the left of Volta Temple, still on the shore of the lake, is the imposing Monument to the Fallen (1930-1933) built by Giuseppe Terragni based on a design by Antonio Sant’Elia, a Futurist genius from Como. Inspired by the sketches of this visionary architect, now housed in Como’s Civic Art Gallery, Terragni designed a 30-metre reinforced concrete tower covered in blocks of Carso grey marble.